Working in the business of social media, we do our best to stay well-informed about all the National Chocolate Days, World Kissing Days, and important monthly holidays. In healthcare, there are many of these valuable awareness holidays and themed months. This can be a great asset for social media posts and content creation. This month is American Heart Month – something all healthcare brands can get on board with. Here are some ideas for talking about American Heart Month on your social media accounts:
- healthfinder.gov – This is (no longer) our best-kept secret. Healthfinder.gov provides monthly kits for posting about monthly health holidays. Here is the link to the American Heart Month toolkit: https://healthfinder.gov/NHO/FebruaryToolkit.aspx
- Share content that has already been created – A simple search for “American Heart Month” on Pinterest provides thousands of helpful results. You can find recipes from popular bloggers, infographics, and even some fun memes. A few words of caution when using these resources: 1. Make sure you credit the source properly, 2. Do a little research on the source and make sure it’s credible – especially in the case of infographics and statistics.
- Create your own content – We’re Adobe Creative Suite users around here, but not all social media content needs to be created by professional graphic designers. Canva.com is a simple (and free!) design resource. They have templates for social media, web, and more. Again, be sure to credit your source properly.
- Connect online + offline – Many hospitals, clinics, and communities hold events to support American Heart Month. If your brand is part of any of these events, use social media to invite your fans to the events and be sure to share images of the event when it’s over.
- Join in on other campaigns – With months as popular as American Heart Association, it’s easy to find other organized campaigns to join in on. Friday, February 3rd is #WearRed day – this is a perfect day to join in on. Tell your staff ahead of time and take a picture of everyone wearing red to post on Instagram and Facebook.
Here in Utah, Friday, February 3rd is also the day of the “Heart on the Hill” event. This is a great event at the Capitol Building that can be helpful content for social media.
We hope these resources help you as you plan your content for American Heart Month. Do you have any other ideas? Success stories? Leave us a comment!