Here are 5 simple tips to help you strengthen your social profile:
- Don’t focus only on yourself – Help people want to learn about your product or industry. With your online social interaction, provide useful industry related info like stats, stories, or facts about the industry. Only about 15-20% of your posting should be promoting your own content or product. This helps to position you as the industry expert without turning you into a “pushy salesperson”.
- Say what’s on your mind – In a recent survey conducted by Augure, 79% of respondents said that a company must be able to concisely express their opinions & create discussion on a particular topic. Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion, while still being kind and appropriately representing yourself and your company.
- Be relevant – Regularly create useful, meaningful, helpful content to add to the social conversation. Know what’s “in” and what’s being talked about – and take your own opinion or stand on it. Stay on top of breaking news in your industry and be the first one talking about it.
- Engage in networking, both on and off line – Keep up with other companies and counterparts in your field. This creates good relationships that can be beneficial in the future.
- Host webinars or seminars – People love to learn and stay on top of the latest trends and information. Provide free, live web events. This is a great way to excite your customers and build your email address book.