TikToks and Reels can be very beneficial to marketing your business. They give you a way to share information in an entertaining fashion. In today’s blog we’re going to go over the difference of the two and how you could use them to improve your branding, online community, and overall relationship with your target audience.
What both platforms provide and how you can use them for content creation
- Short videos are the only form of sharing on TikTok. Because of this it’s more convenient to find videos.
- Instagram has ways of sharing pictures, stories, and videos of different lengths.This provides multiple ways of promoting your business, but it is a longer process to access reels.
Make sure you know who your target audience is
- If you want to target a younger audience it is more likely to make an impact on TikTok.
- Because Instagram has a variety of sharing options an older audience is more likely to look through Reels
Keeping up with TikTok trends and then posting them on reels can keep you one step ahead of your competition
- Starts the trends
- Follows the trends shortly after
Use filters/music to make your videos stand out
- There is more of a variety of filters and songs to choose from
- Has the same features as stories
TikTok and YouTube are the leading video sharing platforms right now, but Instagram is following closely behind. The head of Instagram has recently released a video talking about how they are going to start embracing videos more than pictures. He stated that “the number one reason people say that they use Instagram in research is to be entertained.” People want something entertaining to watch. Because of this, using TikTok and Instagram Reels is the perfect way to stay on top of the marketing game.